Things to know
- 50 mins from Glasgow International Airport
- 35 mins from Edinburgh International Airport
- 23 bedrooms
- Rooms have splendid views of the grounds and surrounding mountains
- Chez Roux restaurant, headed up by the famous Albert Roux, is open to non-residents and serves classical French cuisine
- With 10 golf courses within 5 miles of Greywalls, this proves to be the perfect venue for anyone wishing to sample Scottish golf such as Gullane, Renaissance, North Berwick and Luffness
- The hotel is available to let for exclusive or individual use
- Ideal for weddings, golfing holidays, corporate entertainment and family gatherings
- Enjoy croquet, tennis and putting in the grounds
- Spa treatments and therapies are available on request
Things to do
- Stay in the garden facing Room 17 otherwise known as King’s Loo, named after King Edward VII who frequented Greywalls
- Play a round of golf at the Honourable Club of Edinburgh Golfers at Muirfield next door, which has hosted the Open Championship on 16 occasions. Indeed the winner has stayed at Greywalls on 5 occasions. In addition, there are 20 other golf courses within 10 miles of Greywalls
- Have afternoon tea amongst the delightful walled gardens by Gertrude Jekyll. They contain a grass tennis court, croquet lawn and putting green as well as borders filled with herbaceous plants
- Dine at Chez Roux where the chefs frequently use the resident bee’s honey in dishes and especially in the desserts
- A visit to Greywalls is a treat itself. It was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens and built in 1901. He was once described as “the greatest British architect of the twentieth (or of any other) century”. He was also instrumental in designing and building New Delhi
Meetings & events
The quiet elegance of the house together with its breathtaking location overlooking the historic links of Muirfield make Greywalls a perfect retreat for boardroom meetings, decision making and corporate entertaining. Only a short drive from Edinburgh, Greywalls provides a stunning rural setting for exclusive boardroom meetings and corporate away days. With gracious public rooms, the ground floor of the house provides flexible, elegant accommodation that can be set up to suit your requirements.
Main Dining Room
Overlooking the 10th tee at Muirfield the Main Dining Room at Greywalls has provided the setting for many famous and memorable dinners. The room is light and airy and will comfortably seat 20 to 50 people.
The Original Dining Room
A smaller more intimate space, ideal for seating up to 20. It shares the same stunning views as the Main Dining Room.
The Sun Room
Charming and spacious, ideal for lunches and dinners for up to 40 people. It has a more relaxed atmosphere than the Main Dining Room and a great deal of flexibility about how you choose to use it.
The hotel can also organise a range of outdoor activities for your group.
Perfect for exclusive use and incentive groups. Catering service for business lunches and dinners, private cocktail receptions, coffee breaks, buffets, company lunches, special celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays and weddings.
Food & beverage
Chez Roux Restaurant
Spread across 4 rooms, including a Whisky room and Sunroom, Chez Roux can offer settings to suit the occasion, season or time-of-day. The service matches that of the hotel; welcoming yet refined, attentive yet unobtrusive.
Visit the tranquil surroundings of Greywalls for Afternoon Tea. Select your choice of tea leaves from the tea menu and enjoy savoury finger sandwiches, freshly made scones and selection of sweet delicatessens.
Greywalls can provide private dining for parties up to 50 people. Choose from 4 rooms for your special occasion: the main dining room for up to 50 people; the original dining room can seat up to 20 guests.
The Whisky room
For up to 12 guests surrounded by a selection of some of the finest malts from Scotland and around the world.
The Sun Room
Charming and spacious, ideal for lunches and dinners for up to 40 people. A whisky tasting menu can be prepared by our Chef and accompanied by a tutored tasting; the Sun Room overlooks the beautiful Gertrude Jekyll Gardens and seats up to 20 guests.
Greywalls Hotel is uniquely situated on the edge of Muirfield championship golf course with stunning views over East Lothian and the Firth of Forth. Overlooking the world-famous greens of the 9th & 18th holes, it has earned itself a reputation as ‘a golfers’ paradise’! Offering one of the very best country house accommodations in Scotland, Greywalls’ stylish Edwardian splendour makes an ideal retreat for individuals, golfing holidays, family gatherings, weddings and corporate entertainment. Massage therapies are also on offer. Designed by the celebrated Edwardian architect Sir Edwin Lutyens as a ‘dignified holiday home’ Greywalls was built in 1901 and still retains the charm and character for which it is renowned. A haven of peaceful tranquillity it enjoys a reputation for the excellence of its food and service. As well as the elegant drawing rooms and delightful dining areas the house has 23 en suite bedrooms. The delightful walled gardens are attributed to Gertrude Jekyll and contain a grass tennis court, croquet lawn and putting green as well as borders filled with herbaceous plants. With 10 golf courses within 5 miles, Greywalls is the perfect venue for anyone wishing to sample Scottish golf.