- Four stylish bedrooms, named after castles in the area, all with ensuites featuring underfloor heating, perfect for those chilly mornings, and locally produced toiletries. These are:
- Tarbert – Ground floor, King Size Bed, Roll Top Bath and separate walk in shower.
- Skipness – Upper floor, King Size bed, Roll Top Bath and separate walk in shower.
- Dunaverty – Upper floor – Super King Linx or 2 Twins, walk in shower
- Saddell – Upper floor – Super King Linx Bed or 2 Twins, walk in shower.
- There are tea and coffee stations in each room as well as device docking stations, Wi-fi and flat screen TVs.
At the end of one of those days out, read or unwind in the stunning lounge, complete with its original Victorian fireplace for winter warming!
Experience wonderful freshly produced meals in the beautiful dining room (with log burner) made using locally sourced ingredients.
Fully licensed, serving local Loch Fyne Ale, Kintyre Gin, local whisky and a wonderful selection of wines.
Walkers – Kintyre Way and numerous forest walks.
Cyclists – Caledonia Way.
Nature Lovers – Eagles, Otters, Basking Sharks, Dolphins, Variety of Seabirds.
Fishing – Salmon and Trout in nearby river.
Kayaking – local bays especially Westport Beach on West coast of Peninsula. Surfing School nearby.
Pheasant and Partridge shooting. Arranged via Stewart Marshall. Head Gamekeeper.
1st October to 1st February.
Tel: 0044 7771 947061
Golf – Carradale Golf Course (10 mins away) Machrihanish Dunes (30 mins away) Dunaverty Golf Course (30 mins away)
Whisky – Springbank, Glengyle and Glen Scotia distilleries situated in Campbeltown 20 mins away, once the whisky capital of the world. Campbeltown Malts festival 19-22 May 2020.
Gin - Beinn an Tuirc Distillery making Kintyre Gin. (10 mins away) Tours of Distillery can be arranged. Also has a Gin School.
Seafood Cabin (in grounds of Skipness Castle) – wonderful seafood in the area.
Bikers – Situated on the Argyll 190
Castles – Torrisdale, Saddell (Saddell Bay made famous by Paul MacCartney’s Mull of Kityre Music Video) and Skipness Castle.
Antony Gormley Sculpture situsted on Saddell Bay.
Easy ferry rides take you to the serene island of Islay, Jura, Gigha, Arran and there is a fast passenger boat to Ballycastle, Northern Ireland which takes just under 2 hours.
In one of Scotland’s most picturesque regions is “Carradales.” This is a traditionally built Victorian detached house, originally built as a Church of Scotland Manse in 1880. It has now been lovingly restored to a high-end fully licensed Guest House and is Kintyre’s Only 5 Star VisitScotland Guest House. Expertly prepared cuisine, excellent facilities, and some of the most beautiful outdoor experiences anywhere, are just some of the reasons to plan a trip to Carradale.
On the east coast of The Kintyre Peninsula, on the western coast of Scotland, the property is perfectly situated at the end of the long and winding road made famous by Paul McCartney and ideal for those looking to indulge in some outdoorsy fun or simply relax and enjoy the breath-taking and tranquil scenery. Scenic 3 Hour drive from Glasgow through Loch Lomond and The Trossachs. 30 minute flight to Campbeltown Airport from Glasgow with Logan Air. Car Hire can be arranged or taxi.
Kintyre’s Only 5 Star VisitScotland Guest House.
“Taste Our Best” Accredited 2019/20
VisitScotland I Know Partner
VisitScotland Welcome Schemes: Walkers, Cyclists, Golfers, Classic Cars Welcome.
TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019/20
Booking.com 9.9 2018/19
Booking.com 9.8 2020/21
Scottish Rural Awards Finalist 2020
Prestige Hotel Awards 2020 Finalist – Best Guest House
Prestige Hotel Awards 2020 Finalist – Best Hotel Breakfast
WHAT GUESTS LIKE
– The light-filled, airy feel to the guest rooms create the perfect ambience for a totally relaxing stay
– The deluxe details such as clawfoot bathtubs in ensuites, Egyptian cotton sheets, designer wallpapered walls, and artisan toiletries are all lovely touches
– The flexible and delicious meals made by co-owner Steve are fantastic. Whether you are after a full Scottish breakfast or you choose to eat at home in the evening the offering is superb – think locally sourced and freshly produce. Perfect
– The property’s proximity to some truly magnificent countryside is a huge draw. You’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to planning your days here.
Under the terms of the licence No person under 18 is permitted on the premises.
No dogs allowed.
Prices are per room per night and includes Bed & Breakfast. Evening meals a la carte
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
If the booking is cancelled 7 or more days before arrival then a charge equal to the first night of the stay will be made.
In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
Your company would be invoiced after guests have left minus your 10% commission.
ABOUT THE OWNERS
Owners Maurice and Steve are experts at providing perfect holiday experiences. Steve was a Freelance Chef and has also been employed as an Executive Chef in some of the largest corporate kitchens in The City of London. He also ran his outside catering business for 3 years which included celebrity clients. Steve gets great pleasure in knowing that his guests are enjoying eating one of his many gastronomic creations.
Maurice has had a variety of roles including, Police Officer, Holiday Representative, Cabin Crew and Care Home Manager. Maurice knows what it is to deliver a quality experience that demonstrates care and ensuring that everyone is enjoying themselves!
With years of hospitality and culinary experience under their belts, rest assured your stay with them will be seamless and unforgettable.